Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
400 g chicken thighs, steamed and shredded
6 cups chicken broth (preferably home -made or a high quality purchased one)
3 carrots, roughly diced
3 celery sticks, roughly diced
2 onions, diced
4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
2 teaspoons each of turmeric, ginger, thyme, rosemary (fresh or dried)
Pinch of pink himalayan rock salt & freshly ground black pepper
Handful of fresh parsley to serve, roughly chopped
1. In a large pot heat coconut oil and add onion, carrot, celery. Cook until golden.
2. Add the herbs, salt, pepper and garlic and stir for another minute or two.
3. Add the chicken broth, bring to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer.
4. Add shredded chicken to the pot and cook for another 10 – 15 minutes.
5. Serve with a garnish of fresh parsley. Enjoy!