Blog


Three Ingredient Healthy Nutella

Three Ingredient Healthy Nutella
Homemade Chocolate Hazelnut Spread on a Background

Who doesn’t love Nutella! Most of us where brought up as kids eating it and loving it. We all know nuts are healthy and Nutella is made from mostly hazelnuts, so the presumption is that it must be reasonable healthy too. But is this really true? On closer inspection (reading the ingredients list), it actually only contains 13% hazelnuts, so what is the rest of the 87% in there? Well considering that ingredients are listed in order of quantity, and that the first two ingredients before hazelnuts are SUGAR and VEGETABLE OIL , it’s safe to assume that it’s mostly processed sugar and refined fats – two things you definitely want to avoid eating if you want to maintain a healthy weight and healthy body.

So why not ditch the supermarket version and make your own clean, healthy, real-food version and enjoy it and feel good at the same time.

Preparation Time: 14 minutes

Ingredients

2 cups  hazelnuts

1/2 cup maple syrup (make sure it’s real maple syrup!)

3 tablespoons cacao powder

1/2  cup water

Method

  1. If using raw hazelnuts, bake in an oven at 180C for around ten minutes. Take out and allow to cool.
  2. Blend the cooled hazelnuts in a food processor for around ten minutes and then add maple syrup and cacao powder and blend until  mixed fully.
  3. If the mixture is too thick, slowly add water as the food processor is still blending until desired consistency is achieved (you may not need to use full 1/2 cup).

 

It all starts with the decision to...

You Might Also Like..


  • My Favourite Super-Low-Carb Pasta, Rice & Nood...

    My Favourite Super-Low-Carb Pasta, Rice & Nood...


    As a child and through out my teenage years I grew up eating pasta just about every day for dinner. Sometimes even for lunch as well! Coming from an Italian background it was a staple of our diet. It ...

  • Marinated Chicken with Cucumber Greek Salad

    Marinated Chicken with Cucumber Greek Salad


      Serves 4 - 6   1kg chicken thighs 2 cloves garlic, minced Juice of 2 lemons 1 1/2 tbsp dried oregano 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil Freshly ground black pep...

  • Thai Chicken Coconut Soup

    Thai Chicken Coconut Soup


    Fancy warming yourself up with a delicious winter dish on a cold winter's day! There's nothing really like a homemade chicken soup. Try this one for a bit of a Thai twist on your usual chicken soup. S...