Who doesn’t love ANZAC biscuits! For a healthy spin on the traditional recipe, check out the these super tasty bad-boys below. Just by substituting a few simple ingredients from the traditional recipe you don’t have to miss out, and best of all you don’t have to feel guilty either. As you gobble these down, please spare a thought for all the brave soldiers who fought for us.
Preparation Time: 8 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 100g rolled oats
- 125g almond meal
- 50g shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a bowl mix up almond meal, oats and shredded coconut.
- In a small saucepan gently heat coconut oil and honey and stir together.
- Mix bicarb in water and then add to pan and mix all together (remove from heat).
- Mix all wet and dry ingredients together.
- Form into biscuit shapes and place in oven on baking paper.
- Cook on low heat 140 degrees celsius until golden brown (1/2 hour). Enjoy!