Of all the many delicious Thai dishes out there, Pad Thai would have to rate up there as one of the best. Only problem is, it’s often cooked up with a few (unnecessary) nasties in it like; sugar, refined vegetable oils, MSG and of course (gluggy) noodles. For a super healthy, noodle free version without any of the usual nasties, try this one!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
> 3 chicken breasts, sliced in 2cm pieces
> 3 free range eggs, lightly beaten
> 4 medium carrots, peeled and ribboned with veggie peeler
> 1 medium zucchini, peeled and ribboned with veggie peeler
> 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil (or olive oil)
> 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
> 2cm piece of ginger, grated
> 1 tablespoon tamari sauce (or soy)
> 1 tablespoon fish sauce
> 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice (roughly x2 limes)
> 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
> handful crushed cashews, coriander leaves and lime wedges
1. Whisk sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Toss zucchini / carrot ribbons in bowl with sauce and allow to marinate .
3. Heat a wok or regular frying pan on medium heat with oil.
4. Once warm add chicken, cook for a few minutes then add carrot / zucchini ribbons and sauce.
5. Stir around and cook for a few more minutes, then push everything to one side of pan and cook lightly beaten eggs on other side.
6. Once egg slightly starts to set, scramble in with other ingredients and cook for one more minute.
7. Serve up and garnish with coriander, crushed cashews and lime wedges.