Treat your dad this father’s day with a delicious and healthy breakfast that he’ll love! Rather than the standard old bacon and eggs why not spice things up with this North African/Middle Eastern inspired dish that’s far more interesting and tastes amazing!!
Preparation Time: 6 minutes
Cooking Time: 14 minutes
> 5 free range eggs
> 1/2 brown onion, diced
> 1 clove garlic, minced
> 1 medium red pepper, sliced in small strips
> 4 cups tomatoes, diced
> 1 teaspoon of paprika, chilli powder, cumin (each)
> A pinch cayenne pepper
> 2 tablespoons tomato paste
> A pinch of unrefined sea salt
> Cracked pepper to taste
> Handful of fresh parsley or coriander leaf, roughly chopped (for garnish)
> 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil (or olive oil)
1. Heat a cast iron or regular frying pan on medium heat with oil.
2. Once warm, add onion cook for a minute then add garlic and pepper.
3. Next add the paprika, chilli, cumin, cayenne, tomato paste and diced tomatoes.
4. Allow this to reduce slightly and then crack eggs evenly around and into mix.
5. Cover the pan and allow to cook for 10 mins or until eggs are cooked.
6. Add salt and pepper to your taste and garnish with parsley or coriander.
Imagine for a second all natural real foods being graded on a scale of 1 to 10 for flavour. Take an apple for example. If you had to score it out of ten for sweetness what would you give it? A seven m...