Easy Seafood Quinoa Paella
Preparation Time: 12 min
Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 500 grams chicken breast, cut into 2cm thick slices
- 15 tiger prawns, raw peeled with tails on
- 1 1/2 cups of uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 red capsicum, sliced in long thin strips
- 1 onion (spanish or brown), chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups of homemade chicken stock or water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Few threads of saffron or 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat with olive oil.
- Cook sliced chicken pieces few minutes each side until golden, remove and set aside, at the same time cook prawns for a little less time and also set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to pan and saute until translucent then add tomatoes, capsicum, stock/water, quinoa, saffron/turmeric and paprika – bring to boil then reduce heat.
- Once stock/water has reduced add back prawns and chicken to dish and cook for a couple minutes.
- Toss and garnish with parsley and salt/pepper.
Serves: 4 to 5