Chicken and Cashew Apricot Lettuce Cups
Preparation Time: 6 min
Cooking Time: 12 min
- 600 grams chicken breast, sliced in short strips
- 8 dried apricots, cut in quarters (best to get Turkish dried apricots – no chemical preservatives)
- 1 orange, juiced and zest finely grated
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 ice-berg lettuce (or any other that could form a cup)
- Virgin coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Slice chicken into short strips and add to a mixing bowl.
- Grate the zest from orange and then squeeze juice and add to a mixing bowl. Thoroughly coat chicken and let it sit.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, add chicken with remaining orange juice and zest and cook, mixing with wooden spoon to prevent burning.
- Once chicken is lightly cooked, add chopped apricots and cashews and cook until juice reduces.
- To serve place lettuce cups on plates and scoop mix evenly into each cup.