Apple-Sage Pork Patties with Grated Apple-Carrot Salad
Preparation Time: 14 min
- 600 grams ground pork
- 3 medium green apples, peeled and cored
- 3 medium sized carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and grated or minced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 5 tablespoons fresh sage
- Few pinches unrefined sea salt
- Virgin coconut oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- Finely dice onion, garlic and 2 of the apples, or puree in a blender or food processor.
- In a frying pan saute onion, garlic and apple mix with coconut oil over medium heat until it begins to slightly brown and then remove and allow to cool.
- While you wait, peel and grate carrots and the 1 remaining apple and add to salad serving bowl.
- Juice lemon and dress apple carrot salad, tossing to evenly coat.
- Add pork mince to a large bowl together with fresh sage and onion/garlic/apple mix and mix it up with your hands thoroughly.
- Shape them into patties and fry in coconut oil until browned and cooked through on both sides. Separate onto plates and serve with carrot apple salad.